Monday, April 25, 2011

Junior Theme: DONE

Today, marks the end of junior theme... or at least until revisions come around.  Regardless, it feels good to have have turned in the paper!  After countless hours of reading articles, pulling quotes, conducting interviews, writing, peer editing, and editing more, I feel relived to be done!

That's not to say I didn't enjoy the process.  Actually, I liked it a lot.  While at times I got tired of reading some of the articles, and at times I could not physically look at the computer screen without hurting my eyes, I felt it was a great experience.  I loved being able to research any topic of my choosing, and thought it was so interesting how each of us choose such a wide variety of topics.  It was so cool to see that by the end, we all were experts on our individual topic.  I thoroughly enjoyed this project because of the independent study/ research aspect, and because it was unlike anything I've ever done before.

After weeks, days, and hours of working on this project, I can certainly say I feel accomplished to be done.   While there were days when I felt so frustrated and lost and unsure where to go with the research/ paper, I was able to steer through and complete the task.  And, I would just like to say, good job to everyone who finished their junior theme!!

1 comment:

  1. I couldnt agree more. This was the paper where I had the freedom to choose whatever topic we wanted. I often found myself thinking about my topic during the day, and pulling out one of my articles to read during my lunch and free periods. My junior theme didn't seem like a writing huge paper, but more like writing about an interest of mine.

    ReplyDelete