Monday, March 21, 2011

Pure Madness



March is always an exciting time of year, and the NCAA tournament is definitely the highlight.  It connects so many people, even those who don’t particularly follow the collegiate teams during the regular season (which is basically me; I watch a few games here and there, but when it comes to March Madness, I follow it religiously).  It is a very anticipated tournament.  Beforehand, friends and family put together brackets and have fun picking who they think will win.  And it can be pretty competitive.  What’s so exciting is that there are almost always upsets (which can also be very frustrating when trying to fill out brackets).  However, the upsets make it all the more exciting.  I mean, who would have predicted that Morehead State (number 13 seed) would beat Louisville (number 4 seeed)?!  It shows that the “underdog” can win, it’s just a matter of which team wants it more.  Who works harder, who has the passion, the perseverance.  (I blogged earlier about the drive and determination a team needs to succeed with my personal experience of our team winning the field hockey state tournament here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment